WARREN FAHEY PERFORMANCE HISTORY.
Warren Fahey has a long history as a performer both solo and with his band, The Larrikins. He has appeared at festivals throughout the world and toured extensively throughout Australia. The Larrikins (1970-1995) were represented by Musica Viva. The band toured toured internationally with the Department of Foreign Affairs Cultural Program including the first such tour of the South Pacific. The band also represented Australia at the Commonwealth Arts Festival, Edinburgh, and the prestigious Vancouver Festival. Warren Fahey hosted the first State Dinner in the new Parliament House, Canberra, and has performed for the Governor General, State Premier Dinners and weddings, wakes and whatevers. As a broadcaster he scripted, presented and produced many series for ABC radio including ‘The Australian legend’, ‘While The Billy Boils’, ‘A Merry Progress’ and ‘Navvy on the Line’. He has released several recordings of Australian folk music
1. The Larrikins Musica Viva tour posters for WA/NT and Broken Hill tour 1977 with Tom Rummery, Liora Claff, Kate Delaney, Steve Eliis and WF
2. Larrikins tour to Indonesia: Jakarta, Jogjakarta, Surabaya, Bali.
Cathie O’Sullivan, Jacko Kevans, Dave de Hugard, Declan Affley (returned after Jakarta) and WF.
Poster for The Larrikins performance in Jakarta for the Association of Australasian Women’s Annual Dinner Dance 1976
Menu card for dinner AAW
Letter from Musica Viva to Australian Embassy in Jakarta
Telex and Musica Viva letter regarding Indonesian visas.
Original import cards (for musical instruments)
Arts program from Taman Ismail Marzuki, Jakarta.
Green leaflet promotion the TIM university concert.
Ticket from TIM concert
Program card for Tim concert
Australian Information Service Press Release about Larrikins tour
Similar press release in Indonesian language.
Australian Cultural Centre’s briefing notes on water, begging and advising not to go barefoot!
Yellow Larrikins concert poster
Tempo Magazine Jakarta with review
Topic 69 Magazine review of concert
Letter of introduction for overland tour by Cultural attaché Gavin Bromilow.
Letter from Australian Embassy post tour.
Thank you card from AAAW
Map of Indonesia used by group on tour
3. Larrikins tour of remote areas for Musica Viva and regional arts councils: Sydney, Adelaide, Broken Hill, Adelaide, perth, Newman, Roeburn, Karatha, Derby, Port Hedland, Wickham, Goldsworthy, Shay Gap, Broome, Kunnanurra, Darwin, Snake Bay, Bathurst Islands, Maningrida, Gove, Katharine, Tennant Creek, Alice Springs, Sydney. 1977
Larrikins: Liora Claff, Phil Moore, Jacko Kevans, Gordon McIntyre & WF
Musica Viva tour itinerary
Country Copy WA Arts Council program
Final MV itinerary sheet and contract
Local poster Gove performance “Don’t say nuthin’ ever comes to Gove, mate”
WA Arts School booking form used on tour
Folder of letters from children in Pilbara district
Clipping from Goldfields Express
4. Warren Fahey solo performances.>
National Trust of Australia Heritage Quiz program.
Historic Houses Trust ‘Domestic Revolution’ leaflet
QE2 ship program with WF lecture on cover ‘The Man from Tumba Bloody Rumba’
Performer ticket for 40th anniversary of Bush Music Club Festival.
Memo regarding ‘Diggers’ promotion 1990s
Warren Fahey’s passport 1978 onwards
Warren Fahey ‘is a jack of all trades’ promo leaflet.
Warren Fahey temporary driving license for Indonesia. 1976
Program Aulos 1977
5. Performance by Larrikins at first official dinner at the new Parliament House and to welcome the Irish Prime Minister, Charles Haughey, to Australia. Compere Warren Fahey. 1988.
Seating arrangement booklet
Dorian Wild clipping.
6. The Larrikins. Victorian Arts Council Tour 1978
Jacko Kevans, Cathie O’Sullivan, Ian White, Peter Hobson and WF
Leaflet promoting Bullockies Ball, Geelong
Victorian Arts Council itinerary (3453 klms)
Victorian Arts Council newsletter
Clipping from Shepperton
7. NSW regional Musica Viva tour 1979
Jacko Kevans, Dave de Hugard, Bob McInnes, Cathie O’Sullivan, WF
Leaflet advertising Bathurst concert
Bathurst Baroque News
Bathurst Baroque Society subscription concert series program
SMH review of Orange Regional Arts Festival
Bathurst concert newspaper advertisement.
8. Larrikins 1977 Western Districts tour
Letter from Warren District Hospital
Program Warren Craft Festival
Orange Civic Theatre program
School letters from Canowindra
Letter from Hon Sec Warren Arts and Crafts Association
Warren Craft Festival Poster
9. WF 1994 various
National Trust – Larrikins on the Goldfields Program
Various correspondence and run sheets
10. Centre of Continuing Education: WF
Proposal for lecture series
Imagining the Market Conference of arts administrators Sydney 1998
Warren Fahey’s keynote speech notes.
11. Letter of appreciation and photograph from Parramatta City Council where WF hosted Community Awards
12. Larrikins: Songs That Made Australia Concert
Cathie O’Sullivan, Dave de Hugard, Cleise Pearce, Michael Atherton + WF
Larrikins ‘In Concert’ for ABCFM
Colour leaflet ‘Curios of Old Sydney’ concert for City of Sydney
Larrikins at The Basement leaflet
Various press/reviews from Larrikins at the Edinburgh Commonwealth Games
Wedding invitation Jim Fingleton and Janet – Jim was a member of the Wild Colonial Boys – one of the first bush bands. He is also related to the cricket legend Jack Fingleton.
Larrikins poster from Gosford city.
Warren Fahey leaflet promoting solo at Hornsby folk club.
13. ABC leaflet of Larrikins series on cassette
Larrikin ABC sample royalty report
ABC Guide 1974 page 2 with promo of early Larrikin performance of an Anzac Day special script produced by WF
ABC Guide 1974 page 8 promo of the first world music series presented on Australian radio. 13 programs scripted by Warren Fahey ‘A Merry Progress’
ABC leaflet ‘The Australian Legend’ scripts by WF and performances by Declan Affley and spoken word by Peter O’Shaughnessy
Photo of WF and David Gulpilil and Folkways manager Denis James.
14. File of various ABC working scripts and correspondence pertaining to radio programming.
Draft script prepared by Hugh Anderson for ‘The Digger’s Bride’ – this was never broadcast.
15. Plastic: various photographs/slides and negatives of The Larrikins including ‘That’s Australia’ ABC TV series, in Port Vila and larrikins in ABC studio with Yossi Gabbay (engineer for many Larrikin recordings)
16. file. Various photos and slides of The Larrikins plus individual shots and also ABC studio photos
17. file Larrikins 1980 Dept of Foreign Affairs tour to South pacific region. Itineraries.
Plus white plastic phot album of Sth Pacific tour