SYDNEY MORRIS MEN – MINUTES OF A.G.M. – 7TH JUNE 1994
John Milce Disco Bill Baldric Mick Hobbs
lan Mclntosh Gob Iron John Rankin (non voting)
MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
The outgoing Squire (Baldric) read out the minutes of the previous meeting, which were accepted.
The Squire provided a verbal report during which he thanked the side for the honour and privilege which had been bestowed on him in being allowed to squire the side over the past few years,
The Bagman produced, with great ceremony, the computerised accounts for the period since the last AGM (Oct 93). These accounts were accepted with awe, and a certain amount of suspicion, by all present.
The minute taker fell asleep and was therefore unable to record the Foreman’s words for posterity.
ELECTION OF OFFICE BEARERS
The outgoing Squire did not offer himself for re-election. Gob Iron (to be known henceforth as Mr Gob Iron) was elected unopposed.
The Bagman offered himself for re-election, and also nominated Disco for the position. The Bagman was re-elected.
The Foreman was re-elected unopposed.
ANY OTHER BUSINESS
1. The outgoing Squire handed over the Staff Of Office to the new Squire.
2. The new Squire was so carried away with the emotion of the moment that he omitted to move a vote of thanks for the outgoing Squire. This lapse in etiquette was corrected by the Foreman,seconded by the Bagman, and carried on the voices.
3. The meeting authorised the Bagman to purchase a drum, to the value of $200.
4. The Foreman volunteered to compile a video of the various visually recorded performances of the side.
5. The usual discussion on hats ensued. The Bagman is to get some prices on black Top Hats / Billy Cock style hats.
6. The Bagman reminded the meeting that 1995 would be the 20th Anniversary of the side. Squire suggested that we form a sub committee to organise appropriate celebrations.
END OF MEETING