THE SITE INDEX
ABOUT THE SITE
AUSTRALIAN FOLKLORE UNIT
Index to the Warren Fahey Oral History & Folklore Collection at the National Library of Australia.
- The Folklore of Sydney Project 2004 – 2006 (overview) and link to new Sydney section
An Introduction to the Collection Material (rewrite coming)
THE COLLECTION A-Z
Australian Aboriginal and Islander Perspectives
Australian Folk Music
- What is Australian Folk Music?
- How Does Folk Music Change?
- Folk music in a changing world
- Relevance to the 21st Century
Australian States & Territories – Folklore & Curious History
- Australian Perspectives
- New South Wales (NSW) – Sydney and Cornstalks
- Victoria (VIC) – Melbourne and Yarra Drinkers
- South Australia (SA) – Adelaide and Croweaters
- Western Australia (WA) – Perth and Sandgropers
- Queensland (QLD) – Brisbane and Bananabenders
- Norther Territory (NT) – Darwin and Territorians
- Australian Capital Territory (ACT) – Canberra and who cares?
- Billy Barlow – an Australian Theatrical Phenomenon
- Hey Ho Raggedy-O: A Study of the Billy Barlow Phenomenon (written by Joy Hildebrand)
- “What is the bush”?
- Carcoar – a portrait of a Country Town
links for example ‘Bail Up!” bushranging poetry
Calendar & Weather Lore
Classic Bush Poetry
Colloquial Sayings & Slanguage
Concerts & Radio Specials
- Radio Programs
Convicts & Transportation
Crime material in this needs to be allocated to convict and bushranging sections and Crime deleted.
Dance in Australia
Demon Drink & Evil Weed
Dogs – Folklore and History in Australia
Emigration and Free Settlers
Hall of Fame – Legendary Australian Performers
Country & Western
Jazz & Swing